Every essential calculation you need for coastal and offshore navigation
This book is an aide memoire bringing together in an easy to understand guide all the frequently needed but often forgotten equations and formulae needed by sailors. The format will be the same throughout: the equation followed by a worked example to show how it should be done. Illustrations will be line drawing to help the reader understand what they are doing and why they are doing it.
Calculations included are:
* Distance to the visual horizon and the radar horizon
* Distance off by vertical sextant angle, horizontal sextant angle, bearings and eho ranging
* Calculating course made good, course to steer, set and drift of current and speed and direction of true wind
* Sailing to weather and Storm avoidance
* Calculating speed through water for estimate time on passage, distance sailed, maximum hull speed for a displacement vessel and spacing of knots on log line
* Calculating amplitudes and azimuths of sun and stars.
* Calculating wave height, wave length, wave period
* Measuring degrees converting degrees, minute and seconds to degrees and decimals of degree
* Measuring length Converting imperial units to metric and metric to imperial
* Measuring mass Converting imperial units to metric and metric to imperial
* Measuring speed Converting imperial units to metric and metric to imperial
* Measuring Volume Converting imperial units to metric and metric to imperial. This would also include US measures.
Telephone Orders: 01606 737564
Actual shipping costs and delivery times are shown in the shopping basket, based on the information below.
£9.59 Inc VAT
(£7.99 (Outside EU)ex VAT)